Marketing Technologist with 20 years of progressive responsibility in planning, building, administrating and managing websites / e-commerce and the full stack of modern digital marketing operations for clients ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
I began my digital career in 1998 after landing in the San Francisco Bay Area with the first company to securely and legally distribute digital music online, Liquid Audio. Before there was iTunes, there was Liquid Audio.
As an early employee, I co-founded the content ingestion department, which helped me acquire years of experience working with digital audio management, data maintenance, digital marketing, e-commerce, web app development processes, quality assurance and content publishing.
After spending 12 years in the Bay Area managing online operations for software start-ups, I've moved back to my home state of Colorado and continue to be immersed in the latest digital marketing technologies and online operations.
Thanks for stopping by and feel free to email me anytime!
Denver Center for the Performing Arts
Webmaster / Marketing Technologist
Oct 2015 - Present
- Lead day-to-day operations of e-commerce ticket sales website generating tens of millions of dollars a year
- Lead CMS content, SEO and UX update processes and maintenance based on persona and analytics data
- Lead business, technical and marketing processes related to email automation planning and delivery
- Lead/Provide Quality Assurance (QA) of all digital products and campaigns
- Lead holistic use of Google Analytics to define, track, analyze and report on metrics
- Develop and refine most effective and efficient processes for digital production and testing
- Lead website hosting efforts, data, updates, load-testing, debugging, up-time monitoring, disaster recovery planning and any additional diagnostic issues
As the Marketing Technologist, I oversee the strategy and execution of our digital experience and marketing efforts for the Denver Center for the Performing Arts.
Equal parts marketing and information technology, this position is accountable for the optimal technical performance of all DCPA-controlled digital channels (including but not limited to website, e-commerce, email, social media and advertising), best practices for outbound and inbound marketing, marketing technology infrastructure, organizational analytics, and the processes and people who make it all happen.
Business Analyst - Interactive Applications
Apr 2015 - Oct 2015
- Play a key role in the success of the online marketing and eCommerce platforms for Vail Resorts
- Build and own well defined requirements for all Vail Resorts eCommerce projects, including all applicable user stories, process flow diagrams and wireframes, organized within the team’s ticket tracking tool (JIRA)
- Leverage Agile project delivery methodology to define and deliver the scope of the project. Use methodology to ensure business needs are met and development teams have the necessary details to build the requested feature(s)
- Assist in the QA Life Cycle by developing and updating test scripts, test script execution, coordinating UAT resources, and documenting test results on resort websites
- Work closely with the product delivery, sales, development, corporate marketing and mountain marketing teams in implementing the product vision
As the Business Analyst - Interactive Applications for one of Colorado's largest ski resort companies, I played a key role in the success of the online marketing and eCommerce platforms for Vail Resorts.
I would determine the project approach and methodology that best suits the task requirements and client environment and then apply the methodologies and tools to project delivery.
Senior Digital Producer
May 2012 - Mar 2015
- Lead cross-functional teams of 6-10 account, project management, creative, content, and engineering professionals, including continual training on web best practices and feature development
- Boosted client retention by streamlining processes to resolve multiple major, long-standing workflow bottlenecks
- Last line of defense for QA and technical troubleshooting before website launches
- Create, test and deliver HTML email newsletters and digital media via 3rd party delivery systems
- Update client CMS and CRM systems, and support digital production-related requests
- Project highlights:
Led the entire development process from discovery to deployment for two yearlong website projects: denvercenter.org and pingidentity.com
Technical project manager from conception to close-out for the creation and maintenance of custom Web applications and digital marketing campaigns.
I redefined the digital producer role, incorporating deep technical expertise with skilled client relationship management and a commitment to delivering 100% of projects on time and on budget.
Independently design, develop and deploy websites for artists, musicians, salons, real-estate agents and a wide variety of other small businesses, exclusively in WordPress.
Technical Operations Director
2004 - 2012
- Technical account and project management for up to 500 clients
- Planned, created and executed marketing HTML emails, ad campaigns, and affiliate programs, including managing B2B and B2C lists of up to 15,000
- Oversaw a variety of e-commerce store operations, promotions and sales
- Resolved technical issues for over 15,000 end users in person and via phone and email, improving customer retention and repeat business
- Created, edited, encoded and maintained audio and video content
As the Technical Operations Director at Neurotone, I managed the full scope of Neurotone's online activity, including Web app builds, CMS builds, databases, contact lists and e-commerce.
Back Office Music LLC
Co-founder and Operations Director
2004 - 2012
- Managed long-term, high-level relationships with artists, and worked directly with artist management, Web programmers, designers and accountants
- Led management of all digital media content flow: acquisition, ingestion, editing, encoding, QA, publishing
- Resolved all technical issues for over 50,000 digital download customers
Leading a team of 6-10, launched and managed custom branded, digital audio download stores for Grammy award-winning rock bands including Primus, They Might Be Giants, Hot Tuna, Buckethead and more.
Liquid Audio Inc.
Featured Content & Encoding Manager
1998 - 2003
- Managed all digital media content flow: acquisition, ingestion, editing, encoding, QA, publishing
- Collaborated with design and engineering teams to leverage content management tools to facilitate promotional content to retail affiliates
- Developed new business through an original digital music distribution program for independent artists, and a new digital download service of live-recorded performances
- Managed durable relationships with top online retailers and major record labels, including Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, Clear Channel, Universal Music, EMI, Roadrunner Records, Warner Music, Sony Music, Radio and Records and more
- Planned, executed and staffed international trade show exhibits and demonstrations
- Oversaw daily encoding production projects, data mining, management and reporting
Helped launch and developed the company from a 12-person start-up to a team of 200+, a market capitalization of $500+ million, and a successful IPO.
Sr. Web Developer at Ping Identity
Adam is an exceptional technical communicator and organizer. I’ve had the pleasure of working with him on a major redesign project that spanned the better part of a year.
My company was Adam’s client, and I functioned as the technical lead on our end. As such, there was a great deal of communication that had to take place in this relationship. I was impressed with Adam’s ability to keep track of the project status on all sides and make sure that all parties remained informed of progress, impediments, and ever-changing requirements. Adam wore many hats throughout this time – business analyst, project manager, requirements engineer, and more. He is able to rapidly adapt and take on challenges as they come.
I would fully recommend Adam for any technical position requiring project management or business analyst expertise.
Marketing Technology Executive
As my first hire at Faction Media, it was an incredible nearly three-year ride. Adam was instrumental in redefining and elevating the Digital Production role on my team. Adam has a rare gift of being able to explain very complex technical solutions and issues in a way that all of us can understand. He seamlessly bridges the gap between technology and marketing with a deep technical IQ that is only surpassed by his relationship IQ.
Adam has always willingly taken on the toughest projects — Ping Identity, DCPA, CSC, Comcast — the list goes on. Unflappable — his calm, thoughtful demeanor that we have all come to respect in him will be missed.
Adam is someone you want to have on your team. He is a problem solver, extremely bright, and a jack of all trades who was able to contribute to the company in many ways with his varied skills and expertise. He is also a fun colleague and a great guy.
Principal at Zillabit LLC
Adam wears almost all the hats at Back Office Music and whatever it is, he gets the job done and done properly. He knows a lot, learns what he needs to know, and makes the artists and fans happy. He has made every key customer deadline happen with his solid project management skills and ability to do everything to set up and run the operation. He is diligent, but he has a sense of humor. Hopefully Adam and I will continue to collaborate on more work in the future.
I met Adam a little over 12 years ago at Liquid Audio. At the time (while LA was getting up to speed) everybody was doing a number of different jobs so for a while he worked for me as Promotional Content Manager. Digital distribution was a brand new technology and since a lot of this stuff had never been done before Adam was instrumental in establishing procedures, processes and quality control in his department. To his credit many of the systems he put in place have become standard practice in the record and broadcast industry. His organization, focus and professionalism were second to none but even more important Adam was very easy to work with and always had something valuable to add to the discussion.
Vice President, Music Strategy & Partnerships at APA
Adam was key asset in our content team at Liquid Audio. Not only was he a reliable, hard working team member, he took the time to explain the hows and whys of his content management process.
I not only had a chance to work with Adam at Liquid Audio, but also worked with him after I left Liquid Audio from a content provider stand point. Adam is a guy I would want on my team.